ATI Video Driver will not install

Discussion in 'Software' started by Smartslug, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Smartslug

Smartslug Private First Class

ATI Radeon 64mb 7000 series :) :eek:

the driver worked fine before my Windows XP installation repair. I tried everything to fix it like uninstall everything about ATI, and then attempted to install it agian. The installation went fine, but when i needed to restart my computer, there came up an error message saying:

The ATI Control Panel failed to intiialize because no ATI dirver is installed. or ATI driver is not working properly. The ATI Contol Panel will now exit. :eek:

Please help me, the driver worked PERFECTLY FINE before my windows installation repair.

2. belama

belama Private E-2

You installed the most recent drivers (version 5.7 of drivers)? Dont forget to restart the PC before re-installing anything.

3. Fleabus

Fleabus Private First Class

Hi Smartslug:

Until you have your ATI drivers and the proper .NET version working properly,
    stay away from the CCC driver package and use the cp package version.

Since I've used ATI cards, I have followed this and no problems:

Changing ATI Drivers

1. Start >Control Panel >Add or Remove Programs >ATI Control Panel >Remove.
    2. Do not Restart when prompted.
    3. ATI Display Driver >Remove.
    4. Restart when prompted.
    5. Upon return to Desktop in Windows Standard display drivers, cancel offer to install drivers.
    6. Start >Run >browse to where you downloaded the new ATI Catalyst driver package and run it.
    If the above doesn’t work out, download this util: ATI Catalyst uninstaller
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27 Utilities >Various >CATALYST – ATI Maintenace Utilities > cat-uninstaller.exe This will clean your system of any ATI software along with any remnants that could be causing problems.
    Use it instead of steps 1, 2 and 3 above; then continue with steps 4, 5 and 6.

Happy trailz,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds