ATI WDM - Code 10 Device cannot start? :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nbaj2k, Feb 13, 2006.

1. nbaj2k

nbaj2k Private E-2

First post here, hopefully someone can help me.

I have not used the TV Tuner part of my All-in Wonder for awhile, i went to use it and it says that it is not properly installed. I checked the device manager and ATI WDM Rage Theater Audio, ATI WDM Rage Theater Video NSP, ATI WDM TV audio crossbar and ATI WDM TV Tuner all have yellow exclamation points on them. When I go to properties for each othem it says "This device cannot start (Code 10)

I have tried getting the latest drivers from the website, completely wiping all ATI drivers and reloading them, nothing works. This is my only video card, and I really want to use the TV Tuner feature.

I have read different owners of All-In-Wonder cards posting this problem on different forums, but I have not found a solution yet. My card is still under what I hope is a 2 year warranty (I'm pretty sure that's the ATI warranty) so I may send it back but I wanted to make sure I tried everything first.

Any help would be great, I've tried everything, have no idea. I have emailed ATI tech support back and forth, they are thinking its the card, I wanted to be sure, because it was working fine before.

Thank you very much,

Josh Farber

2. nbaj2k

nbaj2k Private E-2

I have the ATI All in Wonder 9600 AGP, since I didn't note it above.

Any help would be great, I really would rather not send it back to ATI since I know id be without it for probably a month and would have to find a video card to use in the meantime.

~J

3. Spotnik

Spotnik Private E-2

I had the same thing go bad on me inexplicably over the last month. Actually it started with my TV app flaking out on me for no good reason. So I did the customary uninstall/purge/reninstall, and it seemed like each successive attempt made matters worse. I have NOT wiped my system, reformatted and reinstalled XP yet because I'm finding that many people who do are continuing to have the same problem.

So, have you had any success in correcting this, or am I just stuck with an AIW card with no tuner? (mine is the AIW 2006, BTW)

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds