ati2dvag... please help

Discussion in 'Software' started by my2girlz06, Mar 13, 2007.

1. my2girlz06

my2girlz06 Private E-2

i have a HP pavillion laptop, and that is about all of the info that I can give right now. It will not start up at the moment. I am having problems getting it to start up. It is like it will try to, but then it just keeps trying. There is no color on the screen, and you can tell that the screen hasn't even loaded. I started receiving this after I loaded the game FABLE. It played fine for a couple of days, and then it gave me an error message of "... ati2dvag Display Driver..." Please someone help me. I have come to this site for other problems and it has always been a great help.... Thanks in advance for all of your help

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Have you tried to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and see if the PC loads as it seems your graphic drivers are corrupt, once into safe mode reinstall the ATI drivers for your grpahic card, you will need to get them from HP as laptop drivers can be fussy.

Goto HP Support and enter your model number PC in it should me on the case. http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

3. my2girlz06

my2girlz06 Private E-2

tried that, but i can't even get the computer to boot up. All that happens is a couple of lights on the keyboard light up and the fans cut on. Is there any way to bypass the startup?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

So you get nothing onscreen? if you get any text what is it?

Does the Hard Drive Led light flicker or not come on at all.

Has the laptop been knocked or shaken around, when traveling etc?

Bypass startup no, if its not starting at all then possabilities are hardware failure or loose connection, so is laptop still under warranty.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds