audio device high definition bus problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leehela7, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Leehela7

Leehela7 Private E-2

My Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop had to be rebooted and the sound wasnt working at all. after messing with it i got sound but it is very scracthy and sometimes an error pops up that said audio device high definition bus cannot be found. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

It seems that your post got missed. Sorry.
    Dell suggests 3 different drivers fro you PC. I am going with the recommended driver, but if you happen to know that that you had Sigmatel sound instead of Creative (SoundBlaster), let me know and i will linkt that one for you.

It is always a good idea to install your chipset drive rfirst:
    Intel Mobile Chipset
    And here is your audio:
    Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED HD Audio

If this doesn't get you going, post back what you see in your Device Manager.
    For XP: Go to Start>Control Panel> System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager, then click the plus sign in front of Sound, Video, Game Controllers.
    For Vista: Go to Start>Control Panel>Device Manager
    In Device Manager, if there is a ? in front of your audio device, that means no audio driver is installed.
    A ! means driver installation attempted but with problems.

3. Leehela7

Leehela7 Private E-2

i have Sigmatel

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds