1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio device on high definition audio bus problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by LTJessee, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

Hey,

My mobo is an abit AX78.
    Audio device on high definition audio bus<<<<has an exclamation mark (!) next to it and I get no sound. It wont let me update driver or anything. Downloaded someting from microsoft and still nothing. Pleaaassseee help, no sound is driving me crazy!!!!

Thanks,
    Jessee
    :major

2. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

3. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

iv downloaded that b4, it didnt work. It was an update for the audio i downloaded.

4. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

That is the correct driver for your motherboard.
    Uninstall your present driver and load that one.

I still am curious what it was you downloaded from Microsoft.

5. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

I downloaded kb111888 from microsoft.

6. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

I believe that you mean kb888111.
    That is the kb (knowledge base) paper that describes the need for the MS UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) driver that I mentioned in my original reply.
    A complete description is available
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/b/a/eba1050f-a31d-436b-9281-92cdfeae4b45/UAA_Overview.doc
    As it mentions in kb888111 you should "submit a request to Microsoft Online Customer Services to obtain the hotfix. To submit an online request to obtain the hotfix, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=6294451 "
    They should allow you to download the hotfix executable that your system needs.

7. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

Ok, thanks heaps, il give it a go

8. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

:cry Didnt work

9. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

The ! has gone but still no sound...

10. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

Have you checked your advanced audio properties to be sure nothing is muted?

If the "!" is gone then that means that you driver is properly installed and working.

11. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

Everything is not muted, all set to run fine, but no sound. Only thing i can see that is missing is Realtek audio driver, and it wont let me install it.

12. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

What do you mean "it won't let" you install it?
    What exactly happens when you try to install the driver?

13. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

It says "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure!!".

14. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

You tried to install the Realtek driver after you successfully installed the UAA hotfix?
    Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

15. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

i think i downloaded the vista hotfix....il try again.

16. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

A friend of mine reminded me to ask you if you had checked your Windows Audio Service to be sure it was running.
    You will find it in the Control Panel under Administrative Tools>Component Services>Services (local).
    The Status should be "Running" and the Startup Type should be set to "Automatic". If it is not, double click on the entry and change the setting to "Automatic"
    He also mentioned that you should check and make sure your audio is "not set to digital".
    I admit that I am unfamiliar with this last. Perhaps someone else here could elaborate on what he meant.

17. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You should be able to find a box marked "Digital Output Only", if you look in Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Advanced Settings, It should NOT be checked.

18. LTJessee

LTJessee Private E-2

Cant find that box, ATI HD Rear output is what its tryna play too

19. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

I don't see the check box that Musksnipe mentioned either.
    It may only be available for some audio cards and not for others.

The only other thing I can think to tell you is to make sure you have the correct device listed as your "Default Playback".
    Look in Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Audio tab
    and make sure the Default Device is set to your sound card.

20. Spenk009

Spenk009 Private E-2

I have the sameproblem with my laptop. But is kinda my fault cos i deleted the driver by accident and now windows keeps askin me if i want to the driver to it, but it fails. Realtek has the same problem as described below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.