audio device on high definition audio bus problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jaydie, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Jaydie

Jaydie Private E-2

I was working on my PC and there was a pop up note to free some space and as a result I uninstall some rarely used programs. I also downloaded internet explored 8 as well Windows Media Player 11. After that everything was working alright then suddenly there was no sound.There is a yellow ?and!besides the audio device on high definition audio bus. When I checked the control panel under sound, it says there is no audio device. At the moment there is no sound coming from my PC and my internet explorer 8 is not working properly along with my Windows media player.That is every time I attempted to connect to internet, it says this page cannot be displayed although the internet connection and websites are okey.Please anybody help me my PC is dell, model no. DCSM. Serial number JPB1M1S. My OS is Windows XP professional std: pack 2. I haven't downloaded anything from any website because internet explorer is not working.This is detailed new thread as follow up to my earlier post as instructed by majorGeek

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its now likely you will need the Microsoft UAA High Def Audio driver for HERE

Do tell us the Number of the Dell Dimention you have if you dont know then please follow the below as written

What Security applications do you have installed? please name all of them, and what you could try is to boot into Safe Mode with Networking (F8 tap this at boot and choose Safe Mode with networking and try your internet, does it work?)

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Download and install the UAA driver linked to by Halo above. If the "New Hardware Wizard" opens during the install, ingore it and close it. Then download your sound driver from this link. Install the driver, restart your PC, and make sure your speakers are plugged in correctly (use the green audio jack on the PC). That should do it!

..... and Welcome To Major Geeks! :wave :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds