Audio driver install failure !

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lord_poo, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

Hi

i saw a thread on this page with a guy having allmost the same problem as me, though mine is a little diffrent and it is driving me crazy !

I just bought a new laptop (a zepto 3405w) but my sound does'nt work !
    When i try to install the driver it says "install realtek hd audio driver failure !!"

Some guy on this page told me to delete "Audio Device on HD Audio Bus" in the device manager, but when i try so it says "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer."

I really hope you have some suggenstionts, because i really dont know what to do :s

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Disable the device first. Reboot, then uninstall it.

3. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

See that is the problem, even though i disable it, it still cant be uninstalled :(

i dont know if you need it, but i can tell you that i am using windows XP proffesionel

And everest says my sound card is :

"Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller"

4. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

If this is a new laptop, I would take it back to the seller.
    Trying to repair it yourself may well void its warranty.
    The number of people who have experienced problems with Realtek HD audio on this board are legion.

If returning it to the seller is not an option, you will probably have to disable the sound in the BIOS before uninstalling the sound card.

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

LIke Joelsz said:
    Reboot into your BIOS and disable the onboard audio.
    Boot into Safe Mode and go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the Realtek audio drivers.
    Reboot back into safe mode.
    Go to Device Manager, in the menu (at top), select View/Show Hidden Devices and delete any of the Audio/Multimedia devices.
    Reboot back to safe mode. Make sure the devices aren't listed.
    Reboot again to BIOS and enable the onboard audio.
    Boot into Windows and cancel the Hardware Wizard.
    Install this driver: http://majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_Vista_d5513.html
    Reboot when finished installing.

Everything should now work right?

6. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

Well i wrote the seller, and they told me they could'nt help me since i chosed to install windows my self :S

7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Was this originally a Vista machine?
    Are you updated to SP3?

8. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

hmm Musksnipe - i cant find the realtek software in add/remove programs, since it does'nt install anything - it pops up with the failure warning "Install realtek HD audio driver failure !!" before completing the installation

9. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

That's OK, just had to be looked for, to be sure.
    Did you delete; "Audio Device on HD Audio Bus" in the device manager, while in safe mode?

10. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

hmm - i cant find the place in BIOS to disable the onboard audio device ? - are you sure that is needed ?

11. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Yes, you need to blind Windows to the onboard sound.
    Look in Integrated Peripherals. It could be listed as Azalia.

12. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

i can't seem to find it - when i enter my BIOS i got 5 tabs called "Main - Advanced - Security - Boot - Exit" But there is nothing about the audio under those tabs :(

13. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

I just checked the BIOS on my other computer, and i on that i was able to find the and disable the onboard audio device, but my laptop's BIOS looks diffrent and there is no where to disable the onboard audio device

- Is there another way to disable it, or is there a way to get another BIOS ?

14. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

No and No. I went for a look at the manual at the site for your laptop and had no luck.
    Sorry, can't walk you through the BIOS.

15. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

Sigh - well thank you alot for the help anyway.. Do you think it would help to format the harddrive and start all over ? i have been trying all day to get the sound working, and no matter what i am doing i just cant uninstall the Audio Device on HD Audio Bus.

16. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I wouldn't reformat just to fix sound.
    Answer those questions. And also what is your BIOS type?
    Check that Windows Audio Service is started.
    Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services
    Scroll down the list of services until you find the Windows Audio service.
    Right click on it and choose Properties.
    Make sure it is set to Automatic and Start is checked.

Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

17. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

I got to the place where i have saved my report on my desktop
    - But i cant find anything there says "go advanced in MG reply box"

Besides - does it matter that my report is in danish ? or do i have to do something like installing everest on english :) ?

18. scott_hayes89

scott_hayes89 Corporal

did you do a earlier restore points on your comp you could try that and see if it works for you.

19. scott_hayes89

scott_hayes89 Corporal

i didnt read to this thread right,i thought you had the computer for awhile..i think i need glasses,,anyway is there a volume icon showing up on the lower right corner in your comp. now..

20. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Look at the thumbnails. The Reply Box is always at the bottom of the thread.

The parts I want to look at should be in English on your report.

Attached Files:

21. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

There, here is my everest report :

Attached Files:

22. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Try installing your chipset:
    INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets

Then once more disable the Audio Device on HD Audio Bus in Device Manager, reboot, and try uninstalling it.

You have SP3 and HD audio wasn't supported at first. (Don't know if that has changed yet)
    Try this patch, then install the driver below.

This patch is required before any of the HD device drivers are installed
    1. On your PC change the CSDVersion registry key to XP SP2:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CSDVersion value=200
    2. Restart your PC
    3. Install KB888111xpsp2.exe http://couponmeister.com/blog/HD_Audio/kb888111xpsp2.exe
    4. Change the CSDVersion key back to XP SP3 again:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CSDVersion value=300
    5. Restart your PC, finalize configuration of your PC, sysprep and capture.

http://majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_2KXP03_d4902.html

23. Lord_poo

Lord_poo Private E-2

THANK YOU !!

It finally worked ! :D

You are simply the best dude !

24. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Cool! :cool

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds