Audio driver problem - Lenovo pc

Discussion in 'Software' started by SpoonLord, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SpoonLord

SpoonLord Private E-2

Hi,

I had some issues regarding the windows booting up to a black screen issue that I think was down to my graphics card (Radeon HD 2400 XT) having issues with the resolution of my monitor (ViewSonic VA2213w). So in the end I did a format and reinstalled windows.

Once it booted up again it tried to find the drivers for various things but as my PC came pre made and pc world didn't give me any cds with it I had to get some drivers using my laptop etc etc before I could get on the net.

So having done that I managed to install the graphics card, had some issues with the black screen again but that seems to be ok having lowered the monitor resolution to 800x600 for now. Anyway in the hdevice manager there are these listed with question marks:

Audio device on high definition audio bus
    PCI serial port
    PCI Simple communications controller
    SM Bus controller

Windows searches for drivers but says it cant find any for all of these. I've been on the Lenovo site here and downloaded the audio drivers but theres no sound still (only those beeps xp uses) http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-66060

I used Aida64 and this is what it said my pc specs are:

Lenovo ThinkCentre M57p motherboard

Theres a fair few bits under audio though - windows audio, pci/pnp audio, hd audio, openal, audio and video codecs.

Under hd audio it says Intel 82801IB Ich9 hi def audio controller, analog devices AD 1882. I tried that trick of making the computer think its in SP2 and installing kb888111xpsp2 but that didnt do anything.

If theres anymore info I can put please ask and I will try to do it, thanks if anyone can help,

Howard

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, SpoonLord.

The flags for the following: "Audio device on high definition audio bus, PCI serial port, PCI Simple communications controller, SM Bus controller" indicate that you probably need a chipset driver installation.

Without knowing your Windows version and Service Pack #, I can't point you to specific files. However, if you will visit this IBM page and plug in your model # and OS version, you should be able to find the correct download(s).

Once you find the correct chipset driver, install it and make sure you reboot to finalize the installation.

3. SpoonLord

SpoonLord Private E-2

I am a numpty, I'd downloaded all the drivers etc from that site but not actually installed them from the extracted files! So now its all ok, sound is back.

Thanks very much for the help!

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

No problem - glad you got everything sorted, and thanks for the feedback. :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds