Audio problems...Realtek hd

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mousez, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Mousez

Mousez Private E-2

After reading and trying most the fixes I saw on here, I am still having trouble w/ my audio.

Realtek HD and the AC 97 neither work.

Running a ECS 6100 pm mobo w/ XP x64 as the OS.

AMD triplecore phenom x3 processor and a zotac 9600gt vid card.

Tried uninstalling and deleting the drivers and downloaded them again from the web. Also ran everest to help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Just built this comp yesterday.

EDIT: joy all the everest reports where to big... Just gonna use some upload site to host the report.

Everest report here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OMNGLZNX

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

ecs 6100 drivers

click on this link install the chip set drivers first
    then click on and download the audio drivers
    reboot and when the add new hardware icon comes up point it to the location where you just put the audio drivers. Hopefully this will get you up and running

3. Mousez

Mousez Private E-2

Thanks ^^ I'll let ya know what it does when it's done downloading.. in an hour lol. ECS sucks for downloading. I got a 3 meg connection and it's downloading at 11 kb/sec,lol

4. Mousez

Mousez Private E-2

Ok, It didn't ask for the driver. So I tried to install it regularly after I did the chipset and restart. It gives the error "Install realtek HD Audio driver failure!!
    [ error code :0xE0000227]

5. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Have you gone to device manager and tried to install it that way.

Also if that doesn't work download the driver, install it to a folder, unzip it in that folder. then run it. go to add hardware and point to the driver then point to the driver you just installed. and see what happens

6. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

7. Mousez

Mousez Private E-2

Still no luck. They haven't released a SP3 for x64 windows so that link didn't work

But I tried the link anyway. Tried to put it to sp1,lol. no luck.
    Also tried the other ways you posted, no luck.

8. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=182501

In this thread post 4 dlb mentioned the trick, which refers back to the last link I sent you. You have to trick the computer into thinking it has installed it to sp2. Thats why I'm not familiar with it but I'm slowly getting it. Follow the instructions carefully and see if you can get it to work

9. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Uninstall your current sound drivers. Then install the XP64bit chipset drivers from this direct link. Reboot when it's done and cancel the hardware wizard if it opens upon rebooting. Then download your sound driver from this direct link or from this link. DO NOT install it yet. XP64bit requires it's own version of KB888111 (the Microsoft UAA HD audio update). You can download it from this direct link. Install KB888111 first, then install the sound driver. Restart the PC when it's done and cross your fingers! :-D
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

[dlb]

(btw-uploading your Everest report to a site like MegaUpload as an HTML file and linking us to it is really poor etiquette; there's no reason why you couldn't have attached it here as a TXT file like everyone else does ;) )

10. Mousez

Mousez Private E-2

I followed your instructions but couldn't get past the KB888111 file..

I keep getting "This KB888111W2k is for a different hardware platform"

11. Mousez

Mousez Private E-2

YAY I fixed it. After thinking about it I went into the device manager and in system I tried to uninstall the HD audio , but it said it was needed to start up windows. So I restart and disabled it in BIOS. After whitch I disabled the HD audio in the system drop down, then I uninstalled it. After that I ran the MCP61_1111_XP64 and had to restart/reinstall all the drivers one by one, and had to retstart after each install, but after the last restart I had sound ^^

Thanks guys for your help.

12. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:celebrate Glad it's working for ya! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds