Audio recording issue with Intel Create and Share Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ibsen3, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Ibsen3

Ibsen3 Private First Class

Hello all,

I do a lot of voice recording for my job and I've always used Intel Create and Share. It's nothing flash and doesn't appear to have any options to speak of and that has been the way I've liked but I've just encountered an apparently completely random fault.

It's started recorded my voice with an output sample rate of 22Khz or 22050 Hz. I'm fine with twice as much (44100 Hz) but I haven't a clue how this happened or how to change it back. I recently used NCH 'Swift' software but fell back to using Intel because it was just simple and easy to use but I certainly don't recall altering the settings.

Can anybody suggest a way of changing it back as if I have to record with these defaults, I'll have to convert constantly and risk seriously lowering the quality of my recordings? Please help!

2. Ibsen3

**** Shameless thread bump ****

Help!

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As its possible the other software altered a setting, a quick possible fix is to uninstall the Intel Create and Share software, run a cleanup tool ( CCLeaner and its Cleaner and Registry options are fine to use, but run the registry one a few times ) then re-install the Intel Software.

4. Ibsen3

Doh! Of course. Now why didn't I think of something so simple? Don't answer "because you're thick!"

Thanks Halo!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds