Audio Video Grabber

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by canephalanx, Jan 17, 2011.

1. canephalanx

canephalanx Private E-2

Hi,

I'm trying to play my PS2 on my new Monitor(PX2370) but this monitor doesn't have composite video as input so I'm trying to look for a adapter/converter for some time now but to no avail.

Now I've heard about this audio/video grabber.. will this work for my purposes? Also, the one I'm looking at right now is this one.

http://www.encore-usa.com/ml/product/ENMVG

Please advise, badly want to play my PS2 without bothering people who want to watch the TV lol. :cry

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

It might, it doesn't really state you can monitor / see the capture in real time. I have the GameBridge adapter for that. You can use a "TV" card too.

3. canephalanx

canephalanx Private E-2

tv card? as in a tv tuner you plug in on a PCI slot on the motherboard?

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Yep, I have an ATI, with cable tv on the coax & an XBOX on the component. I can go into the software and swicth sources between TV & Xbox - and record either.
    Before that I had a Hauppague?sp? card with WinTV software I used, but I built a new computer and got a new TV card.
    I gave all the kids GameBridges to hook their games up to thier LCDs via the PC / USB.

5. canephalanx

canephalanx Private E-2

I see, so basically these TV tuners have a jack for composite video right?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds