Auto-timer-based email sending?

Discussion in 'Software' started by icediver, Apr 30, 2004.

1. icediver

icediver Private E-2

Does anyone know of any programs or ways to automatically send emails spaced at intervals? My server will allow limited emails sent at once. I have been publishing a newsletter for http://www.investrend.com, called "First Alert" for quite some time now... all recipients are subscribers... but I have to send it out in groups of less than 500 at a time. I'd like to automate thie process. And can a timer program (or method) be integrated with an email utility (like Vallen Emailer or YAMS)?

My computer: Toshiba Satellite 2405-S201; BIOS: Toshiba Version; Version: 1.20; Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Mobile CPU 1.60 GHz; Speed: 1594 MHz; Memory (RAM): Capacity: 256 MB; Total Hard Disk Capacity: 27.95 GB; Windows XP Home Edition (Version 5.1.2600; Build; 2600.xpsp.030422-1633 : Service Pack 1.0); A 32 BIT SYSTEM.

I appreciate (in advance) any assistance... and I WILL respond to let folks know how things work out.

Thanks again.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Well, normally I avoid these sort of programs and do not know of one by name, but you need basically a spamming sort of email program. You can search Google for bulk email, mass email marketing or similar terms for a program capable of doing that. Of course, you can check other software sites that post that sort of thing :)

3. icediver

icediver Private E-2

Follow-up...

I apololgize for not stating my question as clearly as I should have.

I actually have searched extensively for a mailing program, have even downloaded a few of them. The crux of my problem is, in order to accommodate my server, I have to break-up my newsletter into emails with about 150 recipients each, send 5-7 of those emails at a time, then my server times-out, and I have to start again with the next 5-7 x 150 recipients... and I have to do it 70 times or so.

So the real issue is one of time. If I could set it up to send at regularly spaced intervals, my server wouldn't time-out.

We're working on getting set-up with a more efficient "ListServ" sort of thing, but in the mean time I'm still faced with this timing-out issue.

Thanks.

4. icediver

icediver Private E-2

my email...

...well I did mention Vallen Emailer and YAMS as utilities I was looking at trying to use... the email client I use is Eudora (version 5.1)... hope that's helpful...

5. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Command Sergeant Major

Re: Follow-up...

I'm developping a mailing app called K-ML... have you tried it too ?
    If you try it, would you please be so kind to send me feedback ?

K-ML : http://www.kcsoftwares.com/?kml

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds