AutoCAD LT 2006 won’t start missing .dll Help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tweak-Hunter, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Tweak-Hunter

Tweak-Hunter Private E-2

I really don't know what to do about this but for a while AutoCAD LT has crashed for an unknown reason repeatedly after about 30 seconds of actual use. I ignored this however because I didn’t need the program at the time and I was going to fix it later. But now, when I try to start it I am told that ac1st16.dll is missing and the application failed to start. I found this strange since I searched for it and found it in the location: (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared) What should I do to get this working?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback. :major

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

As an experiment, try copying that file to the c:\windows\system32 folder.

3. Tweak-Hunter

Tweak-Hunter Private E-2

Well I did that and tried to start AutoCAD and then it told me that another .dll was missing, then another, and another; (ac1st16.dll acdb16.dll acge16.dll) 3 .dll files total. All of which were conveniently located in the (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared) folder.

Anyway, now when I try to start AutoCAD I get the following dialog box : “FATAL ERROR: Unable to load AcDb resource file... Interesting.

I'm not really computer savvy but, do you think if I copy and paste a shortcut to the "Autodesk Shared" folder inside the c:\windows\system32 folder it will fix everything? rolleyes

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

I'd do a repair install of the app. When you go to add/remove programs, then click uninstall/change, there should be an option to repair the install.

And to answer your question. No.

But, I believe your path has been changed, that prevents autocad from knowing where the files are. Which is the reason I told you to copy that file in c:\windows\system32.

So, try the repair install first. IF there is no repair install, then post back.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

BTW, is this xp or vista?

6. Tweak-Hunter

Tweak-Hunter Private E-2

Well, the repair was a moderate success I was able to open AutoCAD but unfortunately it closed for no reason after a few moments of using the application. But fortunately I was able to find my installation CD and now I'm just going to reinstall the application hopefully all conditions will return to normal after this.

I'll check in later with the results.

7. Tweak-Hunter

Tweak-Hunter Private E-2

XP SP2

8. Tweak-Hunter

Tweak-Hunter Private E-2

Well the installation is complete and I was able to start up AutoCAD but as soon as I start doing stuff (in particular I was just zooming in/out) I get a FATAL ERROR, which is an unhandled access violation: "writing 0x01c4 Exception at 84914dh" still don't know what I should do.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds