autocomplete in MS Word

Discussion in 'Software' started by elle, Jul 16, 2004.

1. elle

elle Private E-2

All of my autocomplete settings that I have personally added e.g. long addresses seem to have disappeared from Word. Is there a way to retrieve them? Are they contained in a settings file somewhere? If so where is the link to that settings file in Word? I can't find many options in autocomplete other than to enable / disable it.

2. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

I can only direct you to this.... Look at MS Word Help (I'm using Office XP on a Win2000 computer; you don't say what Word and OS versions you're using), on AutoComplete in particular the troubleshooting portion and see if any of that helps. There may be someone else here that can be more specific than I. From what I read, that info is contained in the normal.dot template file and may have gotten messed up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds