Automatic Connection Of Network Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AirWarrior001, Dec 12, 2003.

1. AirWarrior001

AirWarrior001 Private E-2

Hey guys, I'm in need of some help. I'm trying to make my networked computers connect to a mapped network drive automatically, but I'm having some trouble. The computers will fail to connect at sartup even after I set up the network drive to automatically reconnect at logon. When I open My Computer I see that the drive is not connected with a red 'X' on it. I double click and it asks me for a user name and password, I log in using my local server username and password and it logs straight in. After that its ok, it just a hassle having to log in all the computers. Oh and I did check the windows help and it says there should be a 'Remember My Password' checkbox, but I don't see it on any of my computers. By the way I have 2 Windows 2000 computer and 2 win xp computers with a win 2000 server.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds