Automatic DATE STAMP 'App' for IPOD Camera function?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jacknscoob, Jun 9, 2013.

1. jacknscoob

jacknscoob Corporal

Hi Guys

Looking to download a free IPOD App so that each time I take a photo with my Ipod camera, there is an automatic Date Stamp. There are so many out there to choose from, can anyone recommend a user-friendly FREE one that I can download. I have an Ipod 4th Gen.

Thanks in advance

J x

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

This thread would normally go here. In any case, this may be what you are looking for.

3. C0rhHusk3r

C0rhHusk3r Private First Class

I don't know anything about IPOD cameras, but most digital cameras (except maybe the very cheapest) automatically capture a boatload of metadata for every picture. Things like date, time, camera brand, camera model, focal length, size, etc., etc. So you might not need an app.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  4. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I was told my camera had to display the date time stamp and defaulted to it.
    I called the company and after some prodding I was told to look in my menu and the date time stamp is there to disable if you wish.
    I even tried to crop with "paint" etc.

The pictures come out beautifully with no stamp now.

Take a look around or call the company and let's hope you too will be surprised. Third party software was suggested and I was even told that some war made it mandatory to display these details. So don't follow gossip and call the company or use your guide to disable that stamp.
    My Canon was easy and I only installed the manual from the disc - 40 mb instead of 220 mb for the entire manual. The little book contained most of what I wanted.
    Mine is not an expensive one but does everything I need. The zoom is incredible and the quality great. It was a 150 for sale for 100. It has a threaded insert for the tripod.
    May I ask what model etc. camera you have?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds