Automatic Product Key

Discussion in 'Software' started by Laskid, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Laskid

Laskid Private First Class

I was wondering how to write a config file that will automatically enter the product key when running setup. I have two Office programs that I put onto one cd that both use the same product key, and thought it would be nice if I didn't have to enter the product key everytime I have to install. I couldn't get Google to cooperate with my phrasing so I'm at the mercy of the Geeks! Any help is appreciated.

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

3. Laskid

Laskid Private First Class

Thanks for the response chicken. I don't know what about that site sparked my brain, but I remembered that I had to go into the setup.ini file and add something, but I couldn't remember what. Found this site and saw that I could add the PIDKEY line. After adding the line, when I reached the Product Key screen it was filled in for me. Thanks for the help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds