Automatic Repair Bug In Boot On Windows 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by luciano991, Apr 23, 2016.

1. luciano991

luciano991 Private E-2

Hello,
    Don't really know why people keep letting callers pretending to be from Microsoft have remote access to their computer.
    On this Vaio laptop all you get when you boot up is that automatic repair is starting and then diagnosing your computer and before that an odd login box that makes you login 3 times before proceeding. Just goes in a loop. Using the Assist button I got to the command prompt and used bootrec to no avail. When I try to refresh the computer using Windows 10 I am told that the drive is locked. No clue how to unlock it.

That's about where we stand at the moment.
    Suggestions welcome.

All the best,

Mark

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Did you let one of those "Microsoft" reps have remote access to the VIAO? Was it working OK before then?

3. luciano991

luciano991 Private E-2

Yes and Yes. However while I was awaiting your response I was able to use a Linux disc to back up my personal files and also the Vaio recovery backed up files and then I did a restore of the C Drive using the Vaio tools. I think I will be OK now.
    All the best,
    luciano

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds