automatically install drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tokerman, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Tokerman

Tokerman Private E-2

first off, I'm looking for a good and simple way of finding and installing drivers on many different computers, (starting to do some computer repair). I did some searching and came across a product called driverforge. It looks suspicious, and so i ask, is this a legit program that will automatially detect, download, and install all the necessary drivers for a PC?

if not, whats the best way to quickly identify and find drivers for computers?

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

The riight way installing drivers is go to motherboard manufacturer's site donwloading the newer drivers , Programmes like driverfrog is not suggested because there are old drivers in it and it's possible to contain a virus etc !! :cool

3. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi Tokerman,
    Like falconattack has already pointed out "Driver finding Software/Tools/Utilities" are a BIG NO NO and are not reccomended to be used due to the fact that they can Royally F*** your system and create all sorts of issues, I am dealing with another poster here who has just used Driver Max to update his mouse driver and now cannot access his machine :cry!!!
    Always look up drivers from their original distrubuters i.e... if it is an OEM built machine go to their website support page and use the drivers that are available there for your perticular make and model, or check the manufactures website of the hardware that you need the drivers for, many now have their own driver scanner that will scan your system and install the correct versions for you, if you have difficulty in finding certain drivers because the make or model is not supported anymore, you will be able to find them through the make and model of your motherboard, to determin which board you have you can use "everest" for XP or older OS's ....
    Everest... http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html ... or Speccy for Vista/Win 7.....
    Speccy.... http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html ...

Both of those tools will give you a wealth of information about your system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds