Avance AC'97 Soundmax Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by stu247, Mar 30, 2006.

1. stu247

stu247 Private E-2

Hi

I am trying to find updated drivers for my soundcard but am hitting a brick wall! I have an Advent 3211 running XP SP2. Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Is it an actual sound card or is the sound built into the motherboard ( onboard sound ) ?

If so which motherboard does your Advent have, to help try and find this info out you can use Everest

If an actual sound card plugged into a PCI slot then is their any names of a maker or version number on the card?

From the name of the drivers, you posted in the title these list as a possible http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=763122&postcount=44

3. stu247

stu247 Private E-2

Hi

Thanks for your reply sorry I'm late responding. My Advent has onboard sound, the motherboard is an Elite L7VMM, The drivers provided on the ECS website are from 2003, I'm hoping there are some newer ones than this!

Any help appreciated!

4. DavidGP

Avance pulled out of the IC sound chip business a few years back, so I doubt any new drivers will have been written, especially as ECS have none.

Is your sound faulting?

Some reference I came across was that the linked above drivers from Realtek could work, but no guarantee.

5. stu247

stu247 Private E-2

Am having problems with a game crashing (Civilization4) and one of the remedies is to update sound drivers.

6. DavidGP

Are you upto date with the games patches?

Updated graphic card drivers?

Running latest DX9c ( DirectX )?

Using Everest I linked to earlier, use it to see if the sound chip has a version number, install Everest and click Computer > Summary and next to Multimedia what is the full text listed? just in case using that code a compatible driver can be found from another manufacturer as some motherboard makers use similar hardware and can update drivers better than some!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds