avast home edition question

Discussion in 'Software' started by korvorka, Jan 15, 2010.

1. korvorka

korvorka Private E-2

I have the latest avast antivirus on this compaq pc xp(3sp) unfortuanely it appears that after running a scan you cannot save the scan results i guess you have to have the paid version :cry I'm no where near a geek and don't know what I think I know!!! with my scan there were multiple lines Files... programs...ect that were unable to be read by the program to those who have the time what type of issues cause these and also is there a way i can use xp to make this copy of the results I really don't believe I have any malware
    or virus but you never know!! I seen this may times but just kind of Ignored it
    but would like to fiqure this out. I believe there were like 123 lines seems like alot and from what I could tell it looks as if you can go through each line.. file...ect and move to chest .repair delete ect.. but at 123 lines this may take alot of time i tried right click and copy won't work got any Ideas I figure I may have to google everything and one mouse click and results are gone input on what type of files that can be repaired by antivirus or whatever I should do anyway I might should send this query to avast but I have always depended
    on you guys so thanks to all you major geeks out there i hope this is posted in the right place

2. korvorka

korvorka Private E-2

thanks for responding but not able to right click in the results box but after some considerable digging in the help files you can create a report I did one today but it wasn't what ineeded im trying one now that should save only hard and soft errors which I hope ts what may cause avast unable to can a particular item I am also going to search site for how to get a screen shot Ill let you know how the report turn out if I was a typist Id just type every thing out shoot its taken me 15 min to get this out lol just had an idea maybe just put it all in the chest and go from there and see what happens

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Right click the Avast icon in the tray>>avast!Log viewer. From here you can right click and "Export current list" or click on File on the top left and export.
    This will export and save in notepad. Save to desktop and attach the report in your next post.
    Cheers..:wave

4. korvorka

korvorka Private E-2

hey sikvik thanks for your response and every one else I think I finally fiqured out how to get results now granted I'm I have my days where I want to know everything there is about computer tecnology and then I can get overwelmed trying to install a new program anyways I'm gonna try and send this report maybe you'll understand more than I do, some things are self explanatory such as process is being used by another program shoot I got bombs, too now that a new term never heard before and there appears to be some files that are pasword protected too oh just to let you know how I got this file (r) clk on avast in taskbar click on program setting clicked on report file onleft side clicked create report file then clicked on custom report there are two options there but custom is what i used and then ticked both hard and soft errors sent it to my documents in a doumentation file From lookig at this it appears to be the results I was getting at the end of the scan

Attached Files:

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Korvorka, you might consider these options: 1. In your Windows Explorer folder options, make sure you're showing hidden files and folders; 2. Get rid of any passwords on the machine, since avast! seems to be having trouble with them; 3. Run a good cleaning program, such as CCleaner, to delete all of the temp files you're showing; and 4. Schedule a boot-time avast! scan, so the program can access all of the files in question...

In fact, it might be best to follow the Read and Run Me First steps and the cleaning procedures in the Malware forum, to deal with any potential hazards with those "decompression bombs"...

6. korvorka

korvorka Private E-2

thanks caliban
    I thought about running the boot scan! pc doesn't really act as if virus or trogans are present but I guess you really ever know for sure I regularly run cc cleaner great program along with spybot,superantis, and malwareantibytes. I may just use the forum stickys on malware removal just for something to do never hurts and things have changed some since I first started using the programs suggested.Thats what got me started on this kick about trying to find out why avast wasn't able to scan some files Ialways just ignored them since there never appeared that anything was wrong but I guess If your pc is not harboring some rogue software or some other culprit
    your antivirus should be able to scan everything anyways I guess I going on a seek and destroy mission lol
    thanks again to major geeks and all that help with this site

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

That is not true. There will be a few files locked by windows that no av will scan during a complete scan. You add those to the exception list so you do not see the same errors every time you run a full scan.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds