Avast threat alert

Discussion in 'Software' started by Howmanator, May 18, 2013.

1. Howmanator

Howmanator Corporal

Avast has started blocking files in my drafts folder detecting them as threats. The script shield log has twenty-five infected entries, twenty of them are the same (saved) email file I've tried to access in my draft folder.

"GFX HasherVerification[1].htm"

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Can you right click on the actual files in the quarantine folder and tell Avast these are false positives and to allow them? When Avast flags files do you have an option to not block the files you want?

I'm running Comodo Internet Security Premium (also freeware) and when it detects what it "thinks" is malware/infected a notification comes up in the lower right of my screen with choices to either allow or treat as allowed. Under the Quarantine heading in the dashboard if I've inadvertently selected "Clean" when a notice comes up, I can choose "Restore" and then I'll be asked if I want to restore the file and add it to my exclusions list. It also submits those files to a cloud database for exclusion/addition as false positive.

In fact, I'm running the entire gamut of Comodo software — Internet Security, Program Manager and System Cleaner. I like the entire package and Comodo AV received top marks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds