Avermedia M791-B PCIe tuner card- anyone using one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scajjr, Mar 24, 2011.

1. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I'm not using that exact model but I have had the experience of picking up a TV tuner getting it home and not having a windows 7 driver making it completely useless to me.

So my advice would be to double check their driver support page to see if they're still writing drivers for it,if not just be aware you won't be able to carrying on using it if you upgrade your OS or computer.

3. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

I checked the Win 7 hardware compatibility page and it's listed as being supported right in the OS (32 & 64 bit), no driver download needed.

Sam

4. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Just to update- got 2 of these and installed them (my Win 7 x64 system and wife's Win 7 x86 setup). On both Win 7 installed the drivers and they work great with OTA HDTV using Windows 7 Media Center Live TV .

Sam

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds