AVG 2011 Uninstallation Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by jumpforjoy, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jumpforjoy

jumpforjoy Private E-2

Last night I began the process to uninstall AVG 2011 from my Acer Aspire 5050 which is running XP. When the unistaller "failed" I did something which I am kicking myself over I used YourUninstaller to remove AVG 2011. Even after it said AVG had been removed Firefox would not load and Chrome would not bring up any webpages. I tried going back to a restore point and then successfully uninstalled AVG but it changed nothing. I then decided to uninstall Chrome and Firefox and re-install them but now I can not even get onto the internet wirelessly or with a wired connection. Both the wireless adapter and the Ethernet controller have multiple entries all but one of each with "- PC Tools" included in their name. I had been running PC Tools but uninstalled it based on the MajorGeeks opinion and installed Zonealarm Free.

Is there anything anyone can suggest I try before I wipe the drive clean and start over?:cry
    Thanks, Brenda

2. pistol

pistol Private First Class

have you tried to rollback the Ethernet and wireless drivers to a previous driver from the device mgr.properties,to at least reestablish a live connection ?

3. jumpforjoy

jumpforjoy Private E-2

You are a GENIUS! I would buy you a drink if I knew where you lived. You saved me countless hours and the only thing I have lost was my bookmarks which were overloaded and needed weeding out anyway!:celebrate
    Thank you just doesn't say it all! Brenda

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds