Avg Antirootkit

Discussion in 'Software' started by scottshad, Jun 18, 2007.

1. scottshad

scottshad Private First Class

I was want to download the AVG antirootkit software. At their website I have found their spyware/virus software.
    I do not want to use their virus software, but I can't seem to find the software JUST for the Antirootkit. I have found the following AVGARKT_setup 1.1.042.exe. This the setup for their Antirootkit.
    My question is this: Is the Antirootkit software in the the Antivirus bundle?
    There was a notation on their website about there being no support for their freeware. So I thought someone here would know.
    Thank you
    Scott

2. Doofus

Doofus Private First Class

3. scottshad

Doofus,
    thank you

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Just beware, it is listed as a BETA version.
    Take all your usual precautions when trying a BETA product for the first time.;)

AVG Anti-Rootkit 1.1.0.42 Beta
    The first beta version of the AVG Anti-Rootkit, an advanced utility designed to detect and remove hidden objects known as Rootkits, from your system, is now available for beta testing.

Bazza

5. scottshad

i saw that it was BETA version, I know what means, but not sure of what precautions I should use. Any suggestions???
    thank you

6. scottshad

Thanks for good info and your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds