AVG not fully removed

Discussion in 'Software' started by mslady99, May 19, 2013.

1. mslady99

mslady99 Private E-2

Good Evening and thank you for helping me:

Here is my issue: I switched from AVG antivirus free home edition to Avast. When I uninstalled the AVG it did not remove the toolbar. I have disabled the toolbar but it seems as if it's still active. I have yahoo DSL for internet service with a yahoo toolbar. My internet explorer will sometimes default to avg instead of yahoo while surfing the internet.

When I try to launch my AOL, I’ll get a message stating that AOL has detected a firewall and I’ll have to retry it a few times before it will connect.

I checked my windows firewall settings and this is what I see. In the windows firewall_exceptions tab programs and services: There is a box with this verbiage; "Windows firewall is blocking incoming network connections except for the programs and services selected below" these AVGs are in the list along with my other programs. Avast is not in the list. (Shouldn’t this say avast now?)

AVG installer
    AVG installer
    Avgemc.exe
    Avgupd.exe

When I look at internet options_general tab_change search default settings_search providers, I see this list:

Aol search, Status tab: Default, Listing order tab: 1, Search Suggestions tab: not available
    Bing, Status tab: blank, Listing order tab: 2, Search suggestions tab: disabled
    Viewpoint search, Status tab: blank, Listing order tab: 3, Search suggestions tab: not available
    AVG secure search, Status tab: blank, Listing order tab: 4, Search suggestions tab: disabled

Please help, I have attached the read me and run me logs just incase I am infected with something.

Attached Files:

2. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

3. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

First off, you are probably not infected. Second, did you go to http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities and download the Removal tool? You want the 2013 link, not the 2012. Darn, beaten by a second.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds