AVG Set-up ERROR

Discussion in 'Software' started by bgssamson, Nov 6, 2010.

1. bgssamson

bgssamson Private E-2

I try to install AVG free edition and its giving me en error.

AVG Setup Error
    Error code: 0XE001D027
    Severity Error
    Error Message: This platform is not supported by this installation package. Please ensure that you have been downloading the proper correct package.
    Additional Message:
    Additional Message: An unexpected runtime error occured.
    Context: Initialization

This is for new toshiba laptop and have Windows 7 OS.

Please help as I don't want to use internet just yet until I install AVG.

-Brian

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Moved to the software forum. I personally would install either Avast or Avira.

3. bgssamson

bgssamson Private E-2

I got avast before in my other pc but i like AVG (no offense) as it is very simple to use unlike Avira complicated IMO (maybe just me).

-Brian

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, bgssamson.

Was any other antivirus software bundled with the machine? If so, have you completely uninstalled/removed it?

5. bgssamson

bgssamson Private E-2

Norton but I uninstall it via control panel (install/uninstall).

-Brian

6. Caliban

7. Caliban

8. bgssamson

bgssamson Private E-2

Caliban,

I finally finish the installation

Thank you very much for all the help!

-Brian

9. Caliban

Glad you got it, and thanks for the feedback. :major

10. joeface

joeface Private E-2

Hi I'm new to the site so my apologies if this post is in an incorrect thread. I've also had an error message when installing AVG. To preface, the PC it's on, I've been fighting virus' for several days now. The error is:

AVG Install Error: Access Denied for REGKEY\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Windows: Creating registry key...Access Denied

I'm thinking it's the malware that's denying me, but I haven't been able to find the source. I was able to get a couple of trojans out, along w/ 2 Trojan downloaders. Any help would be much appreciated, as it may be slowly driving me nuts! Thanks Much!

11. Caliban

Greetings, joeface.

I'd strongly advise you to perform the steps listed in the Malware Forum's Read & Run Me First thread, create a new thread in that forum, and attach all requested logs to an explanatory post.

Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds