AVI file not complete, takes up disk space, but not in FAT

Discussion in 'Software' started by frothbeast, Oct 4, 2012.

1. frothbeast

frothbeast Private E-2

I have an Etech flycam which I capture video on from my RC plane. At the end of my flight I switched it 'off' rather than pushing the 'stop recording' button. The result is that I have an AVI file which is not complete, which does not show up in the directory, but there is 300Mb worth of data unassigned.

I used a program called "recuva" and got an unplayable AVI file out of it. Then I used 'DivFix++" to repair it, but it plays crummy sound and only a picture, rather than video.

Has anyone ever fixed an incomplete AVI file or recovered a file that does not exist? I am going to try hex editors, but it's all 256 to me.......

2. frothbeast

frothbeast Private E-2

Another AVI file is incomplete. This time, I smashed the camera off of my plane whilst imitating the 'red bull' races around the parking lot lamp posts. The camera is in peices, but I can still retrieve the entire 4 GB of data(mostly null's) with AVIHEX2.5.3. Now I need to patch the file if possible, so I can watch the lamp post encounter close up.

Is there anyone here interested in manipulating AVI videos that are not closed properly?

Is there anyone reading this?

Thanks,

Dan.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds