AVI Help Follow Up

Discussion in 'Software' started by 187, Oct 24, 2004.

1. 187

187 Private E-2

Thanks to all those who helped in the first topic, but things are still grim. Using AVI Codec I found out why I couldn't play the Seinfeld/AVI files, so I got DivX 3.11 Alpha, installed it, and it still doesn't work. And all my video converters won't let me convert the .AVI files to something different. Please, PLEASE, help me!

2. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

This should end your codec woes. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ACE_Mega_CoDecS_Pack.htm

Now, before you download this codec pack you should know a few things. This is a very big file, 44 mbs. If you have a dial-up connection it will take you forever to download. Be aware that this download is a budle-package of not just codecs but programs that use codecs and change & enhance video. This download can be very invasive to your computer. I noticed that after I installed it that a few things would load upon booting my computer. They would show up in my taskbar. I had to manually disable them. Not a major problem, just an annoyance. A few things showed up in my control panel also. You don't need to worry about them or get rid of them. I just thought I'd give you the heads-up first. After you download it you should scan the download for viruses. You can never be too careful.

This is the Mother of all codec downloads, so, if you still have problems with your .avi files after this... I don't know what to suggest.

Enjoy. :)

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Have you identified the CoDec?
    If not look at G Spot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
    Once you have the codec and can view the files, then you can convert.
    A good place with a lot of guides for video topics is www.vcdhelp.com

Hope that helps.

4. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds