.avi to DVD format converter needed....

Discussion in 'Software' started by Moola, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Moola

Moola Private E-2

hey, i was wondering if anyone could hook me up with an awesome .avi to dvd format (i thinks its .mpeg or something...) converter. i just need a program that converts .avi files so i can burn them to DVD... Any help would be appreciated.

And im pretty sure DVDFAB 5 platinum would be a good burning program...

THX

Zach

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

3. Moola

Moola Private E-2

thanks, ill try it and let you guys know tomorrow... off to bed for me.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

My fav as an alternative to Gorans great suggestion is AVI2DVD for the conversion from AVI to DVD, which gives you an ISO then ImgBurn to burn the ISO to DVD

Both free and work really well, I mostly use it to convert work videos to DVD and the results work well on all the various PCs and standalone DVD players I have tried.

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I figured I'd add my 2 cents here.... I've used DVDFlick for over a year to convert AVI files (and many, MANY other formats) to DVDs. It not only converts the files, but will also perform the burning of the disc using ImgBurn which is built in. The whole process takes maybe 45-90 minutes; it depends on your hardware. Older PCs can take over 3 hours. It's a really easy program to use and the default settings work fine, but it also has lots of options for the more advanced DVD folks, plus, it also has subtitle options, can join two or more AVI files into a single DVD, etc.... it's a free program, available here at Major Geeks:
    DVD Flick http://www.majorgeeks.com/DVD_Flick_d5530.html
    How-to guide http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

6. Moola

Moola Private E-2

Thanks all... Downloaded DvdFlick, i think it will work.. havnt had time to do anything with it... with work and all... will download the others too... god, my HD is getting full... Cya

thanks

Zach

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Keep in mind that DVD Flick requires about 10gb of drive space for each movie it creates. You can set it up to delete some of the files when the conversion/burning is done, but after you're sure the DVD burned OK you'll want to remove all the files associated with the conversion. You can set your own folder location for project files so they're easy to find when you're ready to delete 'em....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds