1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avira update problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by frsamuel, Oct 29, 2009.

1. frsamuel

frsamuel Private E-2

I had a problem with malaware on my PC, but after i followed the advice given there, i began having trouble with the automatic updates from avira. I tryed to uninstall and reinstall, but the result was the same. When i try to update avira i just wait and nothing happens.
  2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there whats your OS and what other AV's or FW are you using with Avira !
  3. frsamuel

frsamuel Private E-2

I got Windows XP Professional with SP3 version 5.1, and Comodo Personal Firewall. I only have avira as anti virus program.
  4. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

I use Avira's AV and have had the same problem. It's an issue on Avira's end. From their forum today:

5. bbpathd1

bbpathd1 Private First Class

I noticed today that Avira AntiVir had not updated since 102709.

Whenever it fails to automatically update, I google "Softpedia Avira Update" and go to the page: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others...ra-Antivir-Virus-Definition-File-Update.shtml. Click the download button on the left and save the file in C:\Downloads. Then I open Avira by right-clicking the umbrella in systray and choose Start Antivir. On the bar at top click Update-->Manual Update and double-click the VDF zip file.

I updated to 102909 that way today.
  6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Extraordinaire

7. frsamuel

frsamuel Private E-2

The automatic update still dosen't work, but i did the manual update.
    Thank you very much for the help. I hope the automatic updates will start working again in the near future .
  8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Extraordinaire

frsamuel, the automatic update was working late last night. You need to give it time. I think it took my one computer about 5 minutes before it appeared that anything was working. I just set Avira to update and used another computer while I watched the lack of progress. Eventually, it did start the update.
  9. frsamuel

frsamuel Private E-2

automatic update dosen't work here. It might be blocked by something, or it dosen't love me that much. Still, i managed to do the manual update, thank u for the link. Here are 2 of the reports from the automatic update, donno if they're of any help

Attached Files: