Awesome computer but stopped working after I reformatted it.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shakemaster112, Aug 14, 2006.

1. shakemaster112

shakemaster112 Private E-2

Hey guys this is my first of many posts on this forum. My name is Maan and I would like to say hello to everybody out there and I hope pretty soon we will all get to know each other.

The problem that I am having with my computer, like most computer problem is very frustrating. I used to be able to play Counter Strike Source with All the settings set on high with anti aliasing set on x2 and Full HDR and bloom effects on.

I also was able to play Battle Field 2 with all of my settings set to medium and anti aliasing set to zero.

A week and a half ago I was starting to get many viruses and spy bots on my computer. So I got many anti viruses and anti spy software (Including High Jack This) and I tried to get rid of all the crap on my computer. After most of the viruses got deleted I decided to reformat my computer to stay on the safe side.

Once reformatting was done, I installed the NVIDIA driver along with CSS and BF2. Unfortunately those two games don’t run like what they used to. I have to have all my settings on low and Anti aliasing set to zero with HDR and gloom effect off (for CSS) and as for BF2 no matter how low my settings are set to, it still plays very choppy.

I thought that I installed the wrong drivers so I uninstalled them and reinstalled them but that didn’t work. I am not sure if I did something wrong while reformatting my computer or if I just missed some sort of other driver. I will appreciate any help.

--Thank you

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds