back button-windows explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by achoriim, Jan 24, 2006.

1. achoriim

achoriim Private E-2

I use Windows Internet Explorer Version 6 (despite all that I have heard about not using it).

Anyway, When I am on Yahoo and read a news article, the back button will not take me back to the previous main page of yahoo. It just kind of stays stuck on that page. Unless, I double click on the back button twice quickly, then it takes me back. This is the main place this happens although it happens on other places minimally as well.

Could you please help me out here on how to change some sort of setting to prevent this.

Thanks you,

Achoriim

2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

This is happening b/c of he ads Yahoo! has on their pages. Although I'm not sure, I believe most ad blockers would resolve this issue. I personally use Maxthon Combo version which is an IE based browser and no longer have the problem you describe with Yahoo! pages.

3. taz55

taz55 Private First Class

it happens alot on all browsers....... not sure of a fix. but i normaly just pull down the drop down menue thats by the back button and click on whatever page i want

4. achoriim

achoriim Private E-2

It was the ad-blocker thing. Thanks abby-sue.

I have norton system works and internet security 2006 and just never put on the ad-blocker.

I changed the setting and it worked right away.

Thanks,

good day

5. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

You are quite welcome achoriim:) Glad to hear your issue is resolved...the feedback is always helpful!:)

Have a great day!:)
    AbbySue

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds