Back tracking to find past user activity

Discussion in 'Software' started by isrdebie, Apr 23, 2007.

1. isrdebie

isrdebie Private E-2

I have several staff members using one computer, with each having a different logon. That computer is Windows XP Pro. Our server is Windows Server 2003 Standard. I have all user names and passwords. I need to back track computer usage for these staff members. I need to know where they've been and how long they were there (games, Internet, etc). We have had complaints that there is not enough time to complete tasks, yet a couple of staff members seem to spend several hours on the computer. How do I do that with our existing software? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If you go to the search/url bar, in internet explorer, you can click on the drop down tab, and see sites visited

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

You can set the number of days to keep history of internet .-view history.

4. isrdebie

isrdebie Private E-2

Thanks. I already know about the Internet history. The real problem is games preloaded on the computer, like Solitaire. Also, how much time is spent in the programs they should be working in, like Word and Access.

5. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

You can get programs that spy on a computer for you (ones called AceSpy). They record windows and internet usage, take screenshots at every set period of time (say 5/10mins), records keystrokes and prevents access to certain things.

Ive never used this kind of software and im not a pro, I have just read about it in a few magazines. There may be some free products on here similar? Im not sure if this is what your looking for, just an idea for you. Hope it helps.

;)

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  7. isrdebie

isrdebie Private E-2

I appreciate the help, but this is not what I'm looking for. I don't want to check from this point forward. I want to check from this point backwards. I have done it before, backtracking through user's activities (without adding monitoring or spy software), but it's been so long, I can't remember how I did it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds