backingup Norton SystemWorks 2006

Discussion in 'Software' started by whicky1978, Nov 13, 2005.

1. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

I have downloaded Norton SystemWorks 2006. I want to back it up to a CD. Is there a way that I can extract the files to the CD so that it works like a real CD when I pop it in to my laptop? Right now it sort of works like a zip file (but different).

I've looked alittle online but I found nothing. If nothing else, then I will just copy the file to a CD.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I doubt you could, what format is the original file in, ie what is the extension/s?

3. whicky1978

I have found a folder that I think it extracted to. I am going to try and burn that folder to a CD, and see if it works.

The orginal file is an application, but there is no .exe or anything like that.

4. Insomniac

You may as well just burn the zip or it's container to CD.

SystemWorks installs itself in heaps of different locations, so what you are trying to do, if I understand you, is impossible.

5. whicky1978

I downloaded the upgrade, and I hope to make it like the CD version. It may be impossible.

6. Insomniac

If it's designed to install and not run from CD, then it's impossible.

7. whicky1978

From the looks of it, it did work as a ZIP file. I think I found the folder it extracted to, and its the folder that it is installed from. There is one file that looks like a CD, and when I click on it, I get the window for installation.

8. Insomniac

Mate, you've lost me!

If the program is not designed to run from CD and must be installed, then all you can do is back it (the installation file/s) up to CD, you can't burn it so it runs from CD.

If it's designed to be run from CD, then just doing a normal data copy will give you the same as the original.

9. whicky1978

Sweet, it looks like it worked.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds