backwards typing and other problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by 2easy, Sep 5, 2005.

1. 2easy

2easy Private E-2

i started a thread earlier about mouse problems. here's the link:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71758

my problems appear much more severe.

i am typing this thread on a different computer because the one that was having what i thought were just mouse problems is now unusable.

the mouse now "sticks" everywhere-just absolutley freezes.

and when i type, everything is backwards. if i type "red" it shows "der."

if i even try to click on an icon on the desktop, (in those few moments before everything freezes, it selects a different icon than the one i chose.
    (seems to pick the one at the opposite end of whatever row im in.)

as i said in the other thread, i ran all of the virus type scans that were laid out int the "sticky" in the virus forum, and came up clean.

the computer is a dell xps, windows xp, serv pk 2, pentium 4, 3.2 speed, and 2 gig ram.

i first started noticing mouse lag and having to repeatedly click on something to get a response, a few days ago. also, the mouse would "auto" highlight text, and would spontaeneously enable other functions, too.

now this.

does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

any help would be MOST appreciated, and is desperately needed.

thanks.

p.s. all of the progress that i thought i had made, and posted at the end of the other thread, has not been made, and in fact, EVERYTHING is much worse now.

2. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

3. TheUnKnownTech

TheUnKnownTech Private E-2

Scan your PC for viruses, spyware and adware.

4. 2easy

2easy Private E-2

i have run all of the suggested scans for virus from the "sticky" in the spyware forum.

temporarily disabled system restore, enabled viewing of hidden files, and ran adaware se with vx2 plugin, ran ccleaner, ran spybot, ran spyware blaster, ran mcaffee avert stinger, rancwshredder, ran kill2me, ran about:buster, ran hsremove, ran microsoft (old giant), and ran trendmicro. also did a defragmentation, which wasnt really needed, according to the analyze.

one other thing that i didnt mention is that about 6 weeks ago i began getting a popup message on shutdown that said, " the instruction @0x7c80979d referenced memory @0x0042c18c. memory could not be written."

about two weeks later i started getting a second one of these after the first one that said, " the instruction @0x7c81979d referenced memory @0x0042c22c. memory could not be written." they both say "click ok to terminate, which i do to shut down. i then get a "bonk or donk" type sound and the computer will go into shutdown right away.

anyway, the mouse jumping about, the spontaeneous "auto-highlighting" of texts, the warp speed "scrolling" through the browser options (when trying to select, say, bookmarks, it goes round and round through that and tools, help, file, edit, view, go), the mouse freezing, the backwards typing, selecting different desktop icons than the one i have clicked on and all of this has me completely baffeled.

i am still desperately in need of help, and thank you for whatever assistance you might provide.

thanks.

p.s. i started a different thread about this called haywire mouse. the link is here:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71758

if the mods wish to combine these, please do. sorry for the two, but didnt think i might get the responses needed from the other thread, considering the escalting problems that have since come up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds