bahahaha n00b question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Speculant, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

If I slipstream XP SP3 into my origional XP SP2 disc, will my SP2 serial # still work to install windows? Can I just slipstream the serial code into the new disc with no problems?

Also, I used to have a program that did all of the above. I forgot what it was called. WinLite? I think that's it, but can someone clarify that for me?

thanks!

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

nlite, my guess. :)

Don't know about putting the serial in because I have never gotten around to actually slipstreaming. Again, my guess is yes to both questions. Dlb has slipstreamed, if he sees this thread he should be able to give you some pointers. I think nlite has a pretty good forum/FAQs for noobs ;), I remember glancing at a few guides and thinking "I should just go ahead and do one for fun!". That was 2 months ago...One day soon. :p

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yes.
    Yes.
    nLite
    RVM Integrator

:-D

(I guess we all posted at the same time LOL )

5. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

hahaha thanks for the "pointers"

my main comp is broke right now, im waiting for parts, they should come on the 5th (stupid UPS)

i was thinking of slipstreaming sp3 so I don't have to download and intall it when I reinstall windows

(rofl, i did just notice you posted all at the same time LOL)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds