Bandwidth hogs help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MasterDvs, Mar 8, 2008.

1. MasterDvs

MasterDvs Private E-2

im at the USO and there are a ton of people using lime wire hogging bandwidth and im really tired of it.. is there anything i can do. or is there a program to hog the bandwidth my self cus this is really tiring

can anybody help?

2. matrixblue

matrixblue Private E-2

Unless you have access to the router configuration page I doubt there's anyhting you can do except talk to your system administrator.

If you DO have access then change edit the QoS and set limewire to a lower priority.

3. MasterDvs

MasterDvs Private E-2

well i was wondering if theres a bandwith hoging program or something ive been serching and ive got npothing but hacks and i really domnt want 2 hack the USO lol

4. matrixblue

matrixblue Private E-2

Think of bandwidth like plumbing. Only so much water can fit in a pipe and the water goes through on a first come first serve basis.

Bandwidth operates the same way (except that there's way to give a particular computer of service higher priority). Bandwidth isn't something that you can save and hog for yourself unless you wanna fill your network with meaningless data. And that wouldn't help anyone out.

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Heres the thing, if its your network, under your control yes you have options. If not your personal network, then no options.

6. MasterDvs

MasterDvs Private E-2

LoL thanks guys. i was hoping for a program to suck the bandwith away from every one else :major thanks guys for the help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds