Bandwidth usage limiter

Discussion in 'Software' started by parts.man, Dec 31, 2013.

1. parts.man

parts.man Private E-2

Backstory, air card with 20GB monthly limit is used for internet access. "Something" happened and while unattended, 12.6 GB of "something" was downloaded/uploaded during the day between 7 and 4. I went through the Malware removal forum and have been declared healed, but I need software on a per computer basis to make sure than after say 200MB of daily usage, the network activity outside the LAN is cutoff until it is reset or upped. I understand Netlimiter should be able to do this but it would not run on this Dell XP Pro SP3 machine. I have encountered several programs that would not work correctly before on this machine. Anybody got anything else to suggest that might do the job but not be unduly complicated. Thanks.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. parts.man

parts.man Private E-2

Well, I'll give it a try. Last time when I installed it, it wouldn't run--just sat there. That was, however, before the computer received a good virus/malware/spyware scrubbing. I'll report back after a second try (and I believe the version I downloaded/installed was 3). Thanks.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Oops, I missed that. Let me know how it turns out.

5. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

According to the NetLimiter homepage, v3.x doesn't run on XP. You need to download the v2.0 app. The freeware iteration of v2.0 does not support limiting bandwidth (then it shouldn't be called NetLimiter). You'd need to pony up for either the "Lite" or "Pro" versions, both of which do support limiting bandwidth.

Download from MG (v2.0.1.0)
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=168018

NetLimiter Homepage
    http://www.netlimiter.com

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds