Bass and surround test tracks

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rikky, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

3. Rikky

What I'm after are the actual tracks,I had few a while back they were tunes that pushed subs to the limit,I'v since lost them and after searching for a while all the ones I have come accross come with third part software 'spyware',also the Bass test notes created by a frequency generator that arnt really used in music but push subs to the limit

Remember the old Aureal A3D demo that had a ball and you could move it around and where the sound was coming from appear to move around,that kind of thing but for testing 5.1 surround sound,I wanna test the bass on a 5.1 speaker setup and tune a pair of 5.1 headphones for use in FPS gaming,I'v used the creative EAX console test which is very basic 'left front,right front,left rear,right rear,sub' which plays voice or noise which lets you know they are working but doesnt give you the same kind of test as a bullet fly past your head or helecopter ect.

Thanks though fool:)

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Probably not what you are looking for:

http://www.passmark.com/products/soundcheck.htm

Is what ye want, is that Aureal a3d demo? Or something similar to it?

Or just a sound file that features that, which is what I thought I posted previously. :)

I do remember that demo btw.

5. Rikky

This looks promising i'm downloading now thanks:) ,I wanted a tone generator,I just hope I dont have to stay up all night tryna learn how to make it play tone:D

the ones I have come accross in the past were for testing car systems at competition sound off,they were ontl 30 sec demos of the actual disk but were free and good for a quick test that could be played on any media player

Idealy yeh something like the aureal positional demo but can test front and rear as well as left and right,for example if theres a helicopter in the demo I wanna see where the chopper is on the screen and how that corrilates to where I think the sound of the chopper is coming from so I can adjust the audio accordingly,it mainly for judging where guys are shooting from in Battlefield 2

The music tracks like the ones you posted and the microsoft one you can hear the instruments coming from different speakers which is interesting but theres no way to calibrate surround sound with them

Just found these demos while looking for them, for testing hdtv and surround sound

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  7. Rikky

Thanks fool I enjoyed listening to those anyway:) the first one the womans voice sounds like its inside my head amazingly clear,funny I found that positional program too but as yet I havnt found a file that will work with it,it seems they are all encoded too high,i'v even re-encoded sound files using power amp to 22000khz but they still encoded too high for some reason even though it can play sound files encoded in 44000khz:rolleyes:

Thanks for looking though I really appreciate it,oh yeh that previous program did have a position test but you couldnt control the point of sound origin it just kept moving around in a circle lol I just wanted to freeze front right and left to see if it sounded like thats where the sound was coming from

The reason I'm doing it is because I'v just bought a medusa 5.1 headset,its awsome the best headset I'v ever had,better than my previous Sony ones which has suprised me

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=402843

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds