1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

batch file that will delete files by date

Discussion in 'Software' started by beetleboy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. beetleboy

beetleboy Private E-2

I am in need of some help writing a batch file that will delete files out of the specified folder. i have a folder named "backup" and within "backup" i have files that are named:
    so i already have a batch file that copies the new backups into this folder and renames them by date but i would like to add to the file for it to keep only the 2 most recent backups and delete the older ones when ran. any ideas? thanks!
  2. dedub

dedub Corporal

I'm not sure if it is possible with a batch. You may have to move to .vbs script to run a more powerfull *if-than* statement. I could be wrong though.