Batch in safe mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kippin, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Kippin

Kippin Private E-2

Hello, I'm trying to get a batch file to run automatically as soon as windows starts up. I made a registry for the file in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

When I start Windows, the program runs. Success. Now, how do I get it to run in safe mode startup? Also, on startup, the DOS window stays open, how do I make it so it doesn't do that?

Thanks.

2. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

I open their properties dialog to check Close on exit. I also choose to run minimized, so the window never comes up to bother the user. It just stays on the taskbar until it's done. =)
    A downside to using the properties dialog is that it makes a shortcut to each batch file to store these properties, which can make it more messy. If you need to move the batch file, you need to also move the shortcut to keep these properties with it.

The only thing that I have seen run in safe mode is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce, which means you need to set it up again each time, after it's removed.

3. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Sorry, I meant to also say that if your system doesn't have those options in the properties (accessible either by right-clicking the file, or clicking the window's icon) then maybe there's a pause command at the end you can remove, or some other command that is keeping it open.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds