Battery Drivers for XP on an old laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jdban, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Jdban

Jdban Corporal

Hi

I recently got an old used laptop from my work. To give you an idea how old it is, it has a Pentium III 500 MHz processor.
    When i got it, first thing I did was wipe the hard drive and install Windows XP.
    Whenever I start up the computer, it asks me for battery drivers 3 times, and in the device manager it shows 3 batteries (even though I only have 1).
    The laptop is a Dell Latitude CPx, and Dell's website doesn't have these drivers on there. I was wondering where I might get these drivers, other than writing them myself, because I have no experience in that. I want the laptop to be able to tell me when it is running low on batteries and stuff, and right now, it pretends that it doesn't run off of a battery.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Jason Banich

2. Jdban

Jdban Corporal

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

3. djlowe

djlowe Private First Class

It sounds like XP is having a difficult time with the power management hardware. If you could post the service tag number from the unit, it'd be easier to tell what model it is.

Also, click on Start, then Run, type WINVER in the Open: field and then click OK - post the version of XP that is reported.

Regards,

dj

4. Jdban

Jdban Corporal

Service tag is: GSSQD01

Microsoft XP UWin Installer Edition
    Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1529 : Service Pack 2)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds