Battlefield 2 randomly closes

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcadam, Jul 15, 2005.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

At random intervals, Battlefield 2 will just close, don't get the windows error message, it just takes me back to the desktop and then disappears. This happened before I put the patch on, and still occassionally happens when I put the patch on.
    Could this be a common problem, as friends of mine seem to have the problem???

2. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

Ive been reading on a forum that others are having that problem. I had it now and then before the patch but all seems fine now. Did you by chance uninstall 1942, vietnam, or the bf2 demo after you installed bf2. There seems to be some issues there that might (long shot in your case) pertain. Try going to forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield and in the bf2 tech forum do a search for it. Thats how Ive been helping people w/this wounded game. :p

Have fun and see you online!
    {{{Destructo123}}}

3. belama

belama Private E-2

I recently bought BF2, I uninstalled the demo after and had no problem yet. I had a similr problem with GTA San Andreas: one evening, the game would just close right after it finished loading. I uninstalled the whole game and re-installed it. It hasnt done it again yet. If you dont find a solution, you could try re-installing it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds