Battlefield 2142 cd error

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcadam, Dec 26, 2006.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Got the game for christmas, installed, restarted, double clicked the icon.

Splash screen appears for about 10 seconds and then asks me to insert the cd and restart the application. CD is in the dvd rw drive, so can't work out why this is happening, unless it's a faulty dvd?

2. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

That's odd. Do you have more than optical drive? Instead of using the desktop icons, load the DVD and let the splash screen show up and use that to start the game.

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

It installed fine and the DVD drive functions fine for other games. Have also tried that too.

I've opened up a support ticket with EA.

4. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Well, I'm stumped. I've never seen a game behave in that way before. Hope you work things out with EA and get to play the game soon. I really love it!

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Tested it on a laptop and works fine, it's a DVD drive problem apparently - need to change the nVidia driver settings because they're coinciding with the DVD drive.

6. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Had to change the disc drive drivers - they were running off nVidia ones, not the default ones.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds