Battlefield Desert Combat problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fraunzonk, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Fraunzonk

Fraunzonk Private First Class

When I enter the game (single or multiplay) right after I hit "ready" a window comes up in front of the pick team/weapon menu. It's called MAPVOTE_HEADING. The thing is, I can still play the game, pick weapons/spawn points, and everything but this window is still on top and blocking my view so i can only see the things around it.

I have Desert Combat v0.7 and Battlefield 1942 v1.45. I've heard that you need BF1942 v1.6 to run Desert Combat but the last time I tried downloading that It would always end up being a corrupt file or something and wouldn't install.

If ne1 can help me it would b much appreciated.

2. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

I would upgrade BF1942.

** 0.7 REQUIRES Battlefield 1942 version 1.6 or greater

3. Fraunzonk

Figured as much....
    Well I gotta wait til the next lan to try that out (i have dial-up here at home)

4. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

Yea the file is kind of large and would take long for dial up.. I think it is around 285mb.

5. Fraunzonk

Ok i just downloaded v1.6 (i was at a friends and had DSL) and tried to install it but as it began the install it had an error and said something like "there was an error this file may be corrupt" since i just downloaded that straight from the server i highly doubt that. I did see that the file name said "v1.5-v1.6 upgrade" so i decided to download the v1.45-v1.5 upgrade and then try to upgrade from v1.5-v1.6 but the v1.45-v1.5 upgrade did the same thing with the same error. This is also the error i got the last time i tried installing v1.6 so i think its something with my computer. If you or ne1 has nemore advice i'd be happy to receive it.

6. Fraunzonk

ok. Finally got v1.6 installed successfully. then installed desert combat v0.7 Entered the game and still the map vote thing comes up, only this time it is a smaller window and you can see through it. Unfortunately, it's still thoroughly annoying. help ne1?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds