Battlefield Vietnam Mod Help!?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-15281db623, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

I downloaded the Eve of Distruction Mod from planet battlefield.com

When i run it i can get to the main menu, select anything i want, but when i go to start the game it minimizes to the desktop. When i click on the BFV bar in my taskbar, it opens up, goes black, and then back to the desktop.

Has anyone had a simular experience or have any suggestions?

:cool:

cooked

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

When im playing WoW on my laptop *randomly* hangs the mouse for some reason (as in the mouse doesnt feel like clicking anything) then WoW minimizes and if i reclick to maximize it will minimize again like your problem.

3. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Downloading now. I will install & see what happens. Almost done. Be back. Wish me luck.

4. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Works fine here man. Maybe a bad download. Where did you download from? I got mine at www.fpscentral.com. Good speed as well. ;)

5. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

I had a similar problem a while ago (not with a mod though just the game). Have you tried updating your video drivers? Will it work if you restart your computer?

Hope it helps :)

6. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

There have been so many people that have problems installing mods for Vietnam, as well as the whole Battlefield series. Usually it's a bad download.

7. Anon-15281db623

I got mine from fileplanet.com

I will give fpscentral a try. Looks like a good site. Right now i have 150kbs coming from Ill. :D

Hopefully this will fix my problem. This looks like a kick ass mod.

Thanks [​IMG]

cooked

8. Anon-15281db623

Well i was able to get about 50ft down a hill before it crashed to the desktop. :( The sound was still there, and when i clicked the bar at the bottom it opens back up to the game, and i can see everything, but it crashes within a split second again. :(

cooked

9. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Hmm I will look around some of the boards to see if there is a topic about this.

10. Anon-15281db623

Update:

I installed the beta 66.81 drivers from nVidia. It got better. I was able to get 2-3 min into the game before it crashed. That little dialog box that askes me to send an error report to microsoft came up again.

I hae tired EOD forums, but not much help there. :(

cooked

11. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Ok I had it CTD last night for the first time. Not sure why, as it's not ever done this before. lol I too have had little luck in finding anybody else with this problem.

12. Anon-15281db623

Yeah i cant seem to find anyone else who is having the same thing happen. I did a system restore to about a week ago. Everything was working then. So far BFV is working great, i will not install the mod again. I am under the assumption that it corrupted a driver somewhere.

I have to reinstall Farcry, and see if anything is fixed there.

Thanks

cooked

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds