bearshare emegency

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluebutterfly, Jul 5, 2011.

1. bluebutterfly

bluebutterfly Private E-2

Hey i have accidently downloaded bearshear and i am so stressed i need help all i need is to get bearshear off my conputer for good. i am not a computer whiz i have tried to put it in my recycling bin but it keeps coming back please help

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome aboard, did you try to uninstall it through 'control panel' yet? Just deleting the original downloaded file won't get the job done, if I understand you correctly.

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.

I would suggest you press ctrl+alt+delete to open up your task manager. Click on the processes tab and if you see anything that is bearshare, click on it to highlight and then hit the 'End Process' button.

Then download Revo Uninstaller: http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

When it's open, look for Bearshare. Highlight it, go up to the top and click uninstall. You should use the 'Moderate' method. Once it has uninstalled the program, it should search for anything else left over from the program. You will Not want to remove everything that it lists. In the file tree, you should see bolded files. You should check those and have it delete them.

4. surviver

surviver Private E-2

:-D Hello all, Please remember, once you have gone into your program files & uninstalled bearshare which may be hidden in a file called 87 as it was on my p.c. You also need to open your internet browser page.
    If google chrome- open the settings (spanner icon) tab
    scroll down to options- open
    in this page go down to section that says 'Homepage'
    simply delete bearshare's website address & hey presto. it will not be able to keep showing on your homepage anymore.
    very cheeky of them. Please share this info with any other forums you are signed with. hope you enjoy. bearshare free browsing. Don't forget it's a malware program & can spy on your p.c. so you must uninstall the complete program too. :major

5. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Welcome to MG's :major and happy new year , you have to follow this guide

http://www.pccleanup.net/malware-protection/how-to-remove-bearshare-from-your-computer

carefully to uninstall this !! :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds