Beats Headset Not Found Under W7 Sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by MauiBear, Aug 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MauiBear

MauiBear Private E-2

I have a Lenovo T510 with Bluetooth. My Beats Headset is recognized and it states that it's connected. However, no sound coming through the headset. Under Sound in the Control Panel, this bluetooth headset is not listed. How can I add it to the Sound area? Thank you

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Which Beats headset? Had they been working before? Have you tried any troubleshooting that didn't work? Do you have the driver installed?

Here is the support page if you haven't seen it: Beats Consumer & Product Support

3. MauiBear

MauiBear Private E-2

Thanks for your help. Yes, I've been to Beats site. I have Powerbeats2. I'm on several forums attempting a fix to this very perplexing problem. Here's a post that I just put on Microsoft's Community Forum:

Thanks for the reply. I've attempted these steps a number of times. I remove the device, reinstall drivers, click on the device, it shows that it's connected, and the icon does not appear where SET DEFAULT BUTTON is an option. I do not see the Icon, that has been the problem all along. It does the same thing with a portable speaker (OontZ) that even beeps when it's connected and shows connection successful in the "auto gateway" area of the computer. I don't know and can't find what "Bluetooth Audio Render" is located. I appreciate the assistance to this very frustrating problem. As far as having Bluetooth enabled, I refer back to my comment above that the portable speaker "beeps" so it's enabled.

I checked the drivers, here's what I found:

The Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator shows the same date and version number that I found on the web.

The Thinkpad Bluetooth 3.0 driver is more recent than the one listed on Lenovo's site.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I'm not sure if this is related or not. Your laptop has an Intel chip. I have an Acer netbook with an Intel chip.
    I connect my laptop to the tv through an HDMI port and the only thing ever showing under playbook devices is Speakers.

I spent several hours and 2 days trying to get something to show besides Speakers - no luck. I went through the device drivers both on Acer's site and MS. I made sure that in Device manger under Sound, video and game controllers, I had Intel Display Audio because I read graphics controls sound. I checked that driver was also up to date.

I also have an Acer netbook with an AMD chip; this has no problem showing other devices. I am able to set a default device other than Speakers.

If you have a friend with a laptop that has an AMD chip. try the Beats headset. I'll bet it shows up there.

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Unfortunately, post #7 ends with
    The OP can not see the device so can't set it to default. That is the major problem - how to get the device to show up so it can be selected.

If that gets solved, I'll have another go with my netbook and the HDMI cable. I hate when a computer gets the better of me!

7. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm not sure whether this is the case here but 2 recent MS Update Rollups have broken the Intel Bluetooth stack, here's the later one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605

There are two options if you have this issue, remove the KB or check for Intel updated drivers.

plodr likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds