Beeping noises coming from tower

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lego126, Jan 13, 2009.

1. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

I have 2 problems. The first is the beeping noises coming from my tower. The beeping only starts when the Cpu. is under pressure. Like when ever I start virus scan, or whenever, I use SAS. The beeps are ....BE---Beep ....BE---Beep ...Be----Beep... ect. After I close all programs, it stops. I done a google search and read somewhere that the sounds are codes for my Phoenix Bios. Anyone know anything about that???

There is also one more problem. I have installed a Radeon 9550 AGP card. It worked ok for around a year or so. Then after a while,(while booting up)after the memory check and verifying DMI data pool.... I get a black screen. The black screen is where the windows xp logo should be. I would have to turn it off and on and start windows normally and last good config.a few times before it would turn on. So i took the card out and unistalled the drivers. I actually left it out for a few months, (During which time the beeping went away), cause i wasn't playing any games that needed it. Just yesterday though, I download the driver for the AGP card, put the card back in, and black screen again. After turning off the power a few times and turning it back on and starting windows normally. It finally turned on. And I got the driver installed. Everything seems ok. except for the beeping. And I know that when i turn it off, I may not be able to get it back on. The beeping only occurs when the AGP card in installed, but the beeps seem to be coming from the CPU, but it is really hard to tell. I have my logs if anyone needs them. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

Is there any software or can someone tell me how I can tell what kinda of power supply I have? I looked in the case and there are not any stickers. My computer is a little out of date, but say I wanted to buy a new power supply. Would any brand and type of motherboard support any type of PSU? I know these are noob ?'s, but I don't have anyone else to ask.

3. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

and does the PSU depend on motherboard or Chipset? or what does it depend on?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds